Hyaluronic acid – the best way to keep skin supple
Are you looking in the mirror at dull, dry and tired skin that needs some love and care? Fortunately there is a star treatment in skin care, when it comes to restoring life and energy to your skin.
The miracle cure is called hyaluronic acid.
Learn more here about what hyaluronic acid is, and how it can help you have more beautiful skin, which will have its rewards.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a substance found naturally in the skin. It is a sugar molecule that binds moisture in the skin, keeping it plump, firm and youthful.
However, the natural level of hyaluronic acid in the skin decreases as you get older. Most people have lost more than half their hyaluronic acid by the age of 50.
As the amount decreases, your skin finds it harder and harder to retain moisture and elasticity - which can lead to dull, dry skin.
How does hyaluronic acid work?
Hyaluronic acid is a unique ingredient in the beauty industry because it can help restore skin's glow, strength, elasticity and resilience, giving you back your youthful appearance.
It does this thanks to its special ability to bind water. Hyaluronic acid can bind water up to 1000 times its own weight.
As you age, gaps appear between cells in your skin and hyaluronic acid goes in to fill those gaps with moisture - preventing the skin's elastic fibres from drying out, leaving you with dry, dull and wrinkled skin.
Inside the body, hyaluronic acid also lubricates joints, as well as keeping eyes moisturised.
What is hyaluronic acid used for?
In other words, hyaluronic acid is your skin's best friend when your natural level of hyaluronic acid drops as you grow older.
Even if you begin to lose your own natural hyaluronic acid, help is available.
Hyaluronic acid is used in
- Dietary supplements
- Skin-care products
Hyaluronic acid in dietary supplements
Skin problems can be eased with various skin-care products, which penetrate into the lower layers of the skin. However, a lot of your beauty care must come from inside. Dietary supplements have been developed with hyaluronic acid, which can help your skin from inside with binding moisture.
Dietary supplements with hyaluronic acid frequently contain Vitamin C as well, to help boost the body’s natural formation of collagen. Collagen and hyaluronic acid are two vital components in healthy, beautiful skin.
Just like hyaluronic acid, collagen is formed naturally in the body – and in the same way, decreases with age. It often starts at the age of 30, when the first lines and wrinkles begin to appear. Collagen is a protein found in bones, teeth, joints and skin.
Vitamin C is therefore vital for keeping the skin firm and resilient.
Hyaluronic acid in skin-care products
Hyaluronic acid is extremely popular in all kinds of skin-care products. In fact it is found in multitudes of products, from eye creams and day and night creams to makeup.
Hyaluronic acid is a product that seriously boosts moisture production in the skin. Australian Bodycare Face Serum is no exception.
Face serum contains hyaluronic acid, Tea Tree Oil and vitamin B5, which give your skin nourishment, vitality and lots of moisture. The serum helps to fill the gaps between the skin cells with moisture, smoothing the skin and giving it a more even surface, with fewer lines and wrinkles.
The serum is 100 % vegan and dermatologically tested – and can therefore be used on all skin types, including the most delicate. The product is also particularly suitable for those with delicate or mature skin.
Use hyaluronic acid in a single, complete skin-care routine: Your step-by-step guide
To get the most out of your skin care and boost the elasticity and moisture level in your skin, we recommend that you use our serum with hyaluronic acid together with our complete face pack.
- Face Wash is a mild face cleanser, which gently removes dust and dirt from the skin. The cleanser is antibacterial and combats over-production of sebum. It is suitable for greasy skin as well as delicate and dry skin.
- Face Tonic is effective in cleansing your skin deep down, and gives it masses of moisture at the same time. It does not contain alcohol, so it is suitable for both greasy and delicate skin. It inhibits the growth of bacteria and prevents blackheads and spots.
- Our mild Face Cream provides lots of moisture, and soothes delicate and irritated skin. It also prevents blackheads and spots, and is thus suitable if you have greasy skin or delicate, dry skin.
- Spot Stick is calming and soothing for blackheads, spots and skin irritation, such as mosquito bites other insect bites. The stick feels cool on irritated skin and combats bacterial growth.
How to use the products together:
1) Wash your face with the mild Face Wash. Moisten your face and throat area with a little water, spread it, and massage it in thoroughly. Cleanse, preferably for about a minute, so that you remove all dirt from your skin, and at the same time benefit from the active ingredients.
Then rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat your face dry carefully with a towel, which must always be clean.
Wash your face morning and evening.
2) Apply a little Face Tonic on a cotton pad and spread it lightly over your newly-washed skin in gentle, stroking movements.
3) Spread a couple of drops of Face Serum between your hands, and massage it gently into the skin on your face and throat.
4) Take a little Face Cream on your fingertips and massage it into your face and on your throat with gentle, circular movements. If possible, spend a little extra time spreading and massaging the cream into your skin, so that it is absorbed effectively, and stimulates your skin at the same time.
5) Apply Spot Stick directly on the area you want to soothe. If you can, use it four times a day to get the best results. It is a clear fluid, so you can apply it both before and after you have put on your makeup.