Fruit acid peel to regenerate skin
Have you heard of fruit acid peel? It is a chemical exfoliant you can spread on your skin. Among other things, exfoliation with fruit acid helps to remove blemishes and clogged pores. If you are troubled by wrinkles and aging skin, you may benefit from a fruit acid peel.
What is fruit acid peel?
You may think it sounds a little risky when the word ‘acid’ is used in connection with exfoliation of skin on your face. In fact it is not risky at all.
A fruit acid peel is peeling (exfoliation) with fruit acid that you apply to your skin. The peel unclogs the pores, softens your skin and gives a renewed glow, so you look younger.
There are three types of fruit acid that can be used to exfoliate the skin on your face:
AHA fruit acid
The best known of the three is probably AHA fruit acid. It stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid. These are a group of substances found in fruit and vegetables, such as lemons, and that is why they are called fruit acids.
There are different types of AHA:
- Glycolic acid, obtained from sugar cane.
- Malic acid, obtained from apples.
- Tartaric acid, obtained from grapes.
- Mandelic acid, obtained from almonds.
- Citric acid, obtained from citrus fruits.
- Lactic acid, obtained from milk and sugar.
BHA are among the most widely used forms of fruit acids. BHA stands for Beta Hydroxy Acid, which is extracted from willow bark, wintergreen oil and sweet birch.
PHA stands for Poly Hydroxy Acid. The acid is very similar to AHA and works in the same way, but the particles are larger.
This means it is gentler on the skin surface, and therefore recommended if you have sensitive skin.
These are different types of PHA:
- Lactobionic acid, obtained from lactose.
- Galactose, obtained from sugar.
- Gluconic acid, which occurs naturally in human cells.
What is the effect of fruit acid peel?
Now that you know what fruit acid peel is, you may be interested in learning more about the effects of the treatment. That is the next thing we will look at.
AHA fruit acids moisturise, soften and protect the skin
- Glycolic acid has a positive effect on sebum production, so you avoid skin impurities and acne.
- Malic acid is moisturising, softening and
- Tartaric acid is a powerful antioxidant, which protects the skin and prevents oxidative stress, which breaks down collagen.
- Mandelic acid has a positive effect on pigment.
- Citric acid has an anti-ageing and lightening effect, and at the same time strengthens the epidermis (the top skin layer).
- Lactic acid inhibits pigment and balances the skin’s pH. Like malic acid, lactic acid also has a moisturising effect.
BHA is antibacterial, antiseptic and disinfectant
Salicylic acid is an exfoliant and cleanses the skin, and is therefore especially suitable for anyone with skin impurities, because it is lipophilic (attracted to oil).
The acid is also keratolytic and penetrates easily into skin and pores, so that it can remove accumulations of excess sebum. That means it is an effective treatment for acne or other skin problems and bacteria.
PHA acids protect the skin against damage
Do you have problems with sensitive skin? Then you can really benefit from a fruit acid peel with PHA acids.
Besides providing moisture, it is well documented that PHA acids can protect the skin from damage.
- Lactobionic acid is soothing and a powerful antioxidant, which prevents moisture loss.
- Galactose is needed for collagen production and formation of skin cells. It can, for instance, promote healing of injuries to the skin.
- Gluconic acid is an antioxidant and at the same time is anti-inflammatory, so your skin is better protected against inflammation.
Fruit acid peeling serums from Australian Bodycare
Do you feel your skin is tired and dull, or full of wrinkles? Luckily, there is something you can do about it. Fruit acid peel is the optimal way to pamper your skin.
Below, you can learn more about fruit acid peeling serums from Australian Bodycare.
The natural AHA peel serum
If you are tired of clogged pores and dull skin, you will benefit from natural AHA fruit acid peeling serum from Australian Bodycare.
The main ingredient in the serum is Lime Pearl, also known as nature’s peel. Its 100 % natural fruit acid content leaves you with smooth skin and a fine, natural glow.
The serum exfoliates your skin gently, while it softens and smooths its surface.
The natural content of Tea Tree Oil prevents bacteria, spots and blackheads and keeps your skin optimally healthy. The serum also contains Niacinamide, which ensures an even skin tone and allows your skin to breathe by preventing clogged pores.
The active ingredients in AHA fruit acid peeling serum are effective against spots, blemishes and pimples, so you are sure of fine, smooth skin.
Using a peel is not at all difficult, and can easily be added to your usual skin-cleansing routine.
Simply follow these steps:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly to remove make-up and dirt – e.g. use face cleanser from Australian Bodycare, that effectively removes spots and dirt.
- Wipe your facewith a good skin tonic, that removes remnants of make-up and dirt. It is a good idea to use a cotton pad, so that you spread the product well over your face.
- Spread a couple of drops of serum on your face, massage it in well, and allow it to penetrate for about 30 minutes. Finish off with a good, protective face cream.
We recommend using the peeling serum two or three times a week. However, because it is individual how much you need, it is possible that you should use the product less often. So try it out, and find the frequency that suits your skin best.
Chemical AHA peel serum
Exfoliation with AHA serum removes dead skin cells and the outer layer of the skin, and stimulates formation of new skin cells.
Your skin cells are renewed more slowly as you grow older. Chemical AHA peel renews your skin and soothes, moisturises and firms it up, so that you look younger, with smooth skin.
In addition, chemical peeling with AHA fruit acid helps to minimise the risk of infection, clogged pores, scars, dark flecks, spots and blackheads.