What is niacinamide?
Niacin is another name for vitamin B3, and it is found in acid form (nicotinic acid) and as niacinamide. Niacinamide is the form normally used in creams and dietary supplements.
It is an important nutrient, and together with the other B vitamins, it ensures that biological processes in the body function optimally.
Vitamin B3 helps to prevent damage to DNA. At the same time, it is a core vitamin required for the general health of skin.
Niacinamide keeps the skin healthy
The body requires a certain amount of vitamin B3, but if you eat a varied diet, it will very probably cover your needs.
This vitamin is found in foods that are rich in protein, such as meat, fish and poultry, avocados, green peas, peanuts and whole grains.
What do you need niacinamide for?
Even if you have not eaten enough green peas or avocado, there are, luckily, other ways to ensure your skin is healthy. By applying niacinamide directly on your skin, you can target the vitamin precisely on your specific skin problems.
Niacinamide is a popular ingredient, used by the beauty industry in all kinds of skin-care products.
First aid for skin problems
Niacinamide is a unique ingredient in skin care, and if you include it in your skin care, you have a strong weapon against all sorts of skin problems.
Are you troubled by redness or even rosacea? Has your skin lost its elasticity, so fine lines and wrinkles are beginning to appear? Or is your problem greasy skin, impurities and acne? Perhaps you have pigmentation and an uneven skin tone?
Whatever your problem, niacinamide has proved to have a good effect on all kinds of challenges with skin.
Your skin tolerates niacinamide well
Niacinamide is not just an effective vitamin – it is well tolerated by the skin. It may take time to get used to other ingredients such as vitamin A, which can make skin irritated and light-sensitive.
But the skin tolerates niacinamide easily, so you can see the good effects straight away.
However, the quantity plays a large part in the effect. The more niacinamide, the greater the effect. It makes a difference whether there is 2 % or 10 % niacinamide in a product.
Skin care with niacinamide
Niacinamide provides all-round skin care, and you can care for your skin with niacinamide in:
Use a serum in your skin-care routine
Australian Bodycare niacinamide serum gives your skin effective care.
How it helps:
- it reduces redness and irritation
- moisturises deep-down
- soothes the skin
- evens the skin
- increases elasticity
A serum with niacinamide is first aid for problem skin, and this serum is a product you can use in your daily skin care. It is 100 % vegan and ideal for all skin types.
That means it contains an abundance of beneficial and nourishing ingredients in a liquid form that can penetrate and work deep down in your skin.
Combines with other types of skin care
Even though niacinamide really is a star in skin care, you always get the best results with a holistic treatment.
Niacinamide may be a miracle cure, but you get the greatest miracles if you activate other powerful ingredients too.
So combine your serum with niacinamide with other care products. The serum works well together with the products in the Australian Bodycare face pack, which consists of Face Wash, Face Tonic, Face Cream and Spot Stick.
Try this daily care routine:
- Wet your face and wash it with Face Wash, which gently removes dirt from the skin and is antibacterial. Massage for about a minute, and then rinse off with lukewarm water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Use a cotton pad and lightly dab a little Face Tonic across your face. It cleanses deep down and provides lots of moisture.
- Spread a few drops of niacinamide serum between your fingertips, and massage it gently into the skin.
- Massage Face Cream into your face with light circular movements to soothe and moisturise. Work the cream well into the skin, so that it is completely absorbed.
- Apply Spot Stick, which is soothing, directly on areas with irritated or inflamed skin. The fluid in Spot Stick is clear, so you can use it either over or under make-up when your skin needs soothing.